Ten Tips for Back Care [INFOGRAPHIC]
Read these tips to take good care of your back and if you have any back pain, be sure to see your osteopath for help.
Ten Tips for back care
- Hours in one position can cause problems – avoid ‘computer hump’
- Pace yourself with heavy work like gardening – don’t risk a disc!
- Adjust car seats and on long journeys take regular breaks to stretch
- During repetitive tasks, vary your rhythm and take frequent breaks
- During pregnancy osteopathy may help your body adjust to changes
- Watch children’s posture – they shouldn’t carry bags on one shoulder
- Avoid strain when lifting, particularly small children and shopping
- Your bed could be part of the problem – seek osteopathic advice on choosing a new one
- Exercise regularly – your osteopath can advise what may work best for you
- For back pain, better to see your osteopath sooner rather than later